Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More Friends?

Do you find it challenging to spend time with the friends you’ve got?  Unfortunately I do and recently came into some social situations where new acquaintances want to become friends. This is great with the exception that it’s challenging to spend time with my current circle of friends. What’s more interesting is that I’m not sure I want to spend time with these new acquaintances simply because I don’t have the time. This begs an even bigger question, what kind of narcissistic being am I to think I don’t need anymore friends? It is true that friends will come and go from our lives and as a result being open to new friends is important. In addition, I’ve moved to new cities and know that the key to that move transition going well is meeting nice like-minded friends therefore I should be more sensitive to this notion. So back to the question, with parenting and working how does one find time for new acquaintances/friends? Anyone else have this dilemma?

3 comments:

  1. It can be really hard! If you work, you're a new mom, you've got friends and family who need your time...it's really hard to allow someone new into your circle. And what about time for yourself? I have to say with online stuff, like Facebook, it's allowed me to reconnect with people who I want to connect with and even get to know new people in a partial way...a good way to find out if we're like-minded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to technical difficulites I'm reposting Anne's Comments: Anne Attinger said...
    It can be really hard! If you work, you're a new mom, you've got friends and family who need your time...it's really hard to allow someone new into your circle. And what about time for yourself? I have to say with online stuff, like Facebook, it's allowed me to reconnect with people who I want to connect with and even get to know new people in a partial way...a good way to find out if we're like-minded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due to technical difficulties I am reposting Anne's Attinger's comment: It can be really hard! If you work, you're a new mom, you've got friends and family who need your time...it's really hard to allow someone new into your circle. And what about time for yourself? I have to say with online stuff, like Facebook, it's allowed me to reconnect with people who I want to connect with and even get to know new people in a partial way...a good way to find out if we're like-minded.
    Your right Anne, where would we be w/o social media.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!