Sunday, March 21, 2010

What have you done for you lately?

Do you remember that Janet Jackson song, “What Have You Done For Me Lately?” The song was released in 1986, during a time when music videos were cool, unlike present day. Anyway I digress, instead of the original song title I think, “What Have I Done For Me Lately” would have been better. Reason: our happiness should not rely on one person or relationship, but rather how we own the decisions that create happiness and peace in our lives. Often times when people let themselves go, they’ll say they didn’t have time for themselves or everyone else came before their needs. I’m suspicious these people put everyone ahead of themselves just to be a martyr. Carving out time for ourselves whether it’s a workout or a night out is important. Do not put undo pressure on your partner or kids to be the sole keeper of your happiness. Create some sunshine of your own. So, what have you done for you lately?

3 comments:

  1. I just took a nice hot bath for my very sore calves:-) Great post TV Takes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds silly as I type it. But, I've started eating more fruits, vegetables, and fiber. It will will help stave off the family history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. It is much easier to eat food that is good for me since I've changed my frame of reference from "I need to eat more nutritiously" to "I deserve to be healthy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comments Tammy and Tina! Between sore calves and deprived diets we all need to take more time for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!