Sunday, April 25, 2010

Driving Amongst Strangers

After a few minor driving accidents I’ve become a leery driver. In the past, I didn’t care much for people who were scared to drive; they seemed too defensive and I was more offensive. Today, my mind has changed and I’ve become a little paranoid. If you think about it, when we enter a freeway and speed up to 70-80mph we are essentially driving on a racetrack with a bunch of strangers. Some drivers could be normal, while others may be absolutely crazy. I try hard not to think about how my life and the lives of my passengers are subject to what the crazy driving next to me may do. My attempts to shake off the thought of someone swerving into me for no reason are not working. So if any of you crazies are out there, please be careful. A show of comments, are you growing scared of the crazies on the road?  Perhaps it's just me and this means I'm getting old....

2 comments:

  1. Ha. Not old - just a mom. I don't think I was as concerned about other people on the road until I had kids. We have to travel on a very dangerous highway every day. There are several times when I am passed by someone going upwards of 65 in a 55 mph zone. Passing in an area where it is not safe to pass. Does that person realize he/she could kill me and my kids by his/her actions? I don't think so. So, yes, I have become a bit more defensive too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Tina thanks for your comment and my sanity check.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!