Thursday, April 8, 2010

Relationship TLC

I’m not sure if I’m alone on this one but typically twice a year there is a relationship or two in my life that needs a little TLC. Sometimes the relationship just needs more attention while other times it forces me to adjust my attitude or expectations. Either way these relationship ‘check-ups’, can be challenging in that any positive adjustment is, so many times, short lived. This result is either because of me and my actions or the lack of effort coming from the other soul.
It’s my belief that all relationships should be healthy and fairly easy and enjoyable. I’m just wondering if others have this same challenge. If so, do you sometimes wonder whether that relationship is even worth it?

2 comments:

  1. Good question TLC. I believe all our various relationships need a bit of TLC, but when it is only one sided, then I believe the energy put in need to be checked to see if it is worth my time.
    I know in my life, as I grow and life steers me in one direction, some of my friends go another. Letting go could be the TLC I give myself:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, thanks for your comment. You are right, in certain situations 'letting go' may indeed be the best personal TLC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!