Thursday, April 29, 2010

Working Mom vs Staying at Home

Three months ago I quit my job to stay at home with our daughter and work very part-time. Since then I haven’t seen many of my ‘professional’ friends. Recently I ran into one of those professional friends who asked since I’m home, “what I did all day?” I laughed at the question because she is also Mother. To her credit she works full-time so her home alone time with her little ones is more focused. There was no malice intent to her question but it was comical to think that a fellow Mom would have such wonderment about my days at home. Since I’ve been both ‘types’ of Mom I appreciate having both experiences. I also appreciate being given a choice to do either (thank you husband). Each type of Mom has their struggles, but it is how we deal with these challenges that make us a good parent. For the record, I love staying home with my daughter and just like days at the office, we have good days and bad days. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I have only been a stay at home mom since my first child was born and while it can have its mundane times I wouldn't trade it to go back to the 9-5 for anything. Granted there are days when I would love nothing but to trade with my husband for a week but in the end being a SAHM is what is best for me and my family. I think every family is different and certainly every job be it home or office is what you make of it:)

    Great blog!
    I'm following you from MBC:)
    www.momstheglue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deana, well said! Thanks for your comment and I'm looking forward to checking out your blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree... I decided to stay home after maternity leave and it was exhausting! You have your good days and bad days, but I love staying home with my little one more than I ever thought I would! It's great and I'm glad I had the opportunity to do so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. KL, thanks for your comment! Your right it can be exhausting but no one said it would be easy, right?! Thanks for dropping by TVs Take.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!