Friday, May 7, 2010

Getting Out of Dodge


Now that I’m a stay at home, I find taking trips is fundamental to my sanity. Prior to baby, I took trips for granted; now I count down the days to abort ship. About a month ago, my husband told me we had to postpone an impending trip by 7 days because of work. I almost died inside! Did he have any idea how much I was looking forward to this trip, how much I needed this trip? Of course he didn’t, when I worked I didn’t think trips were as special as I currently do. Now that I’m home all day, the anticipation of a trip is a mental sanctuary. So if you are a stay at home and getting a little stir crazy, do everyone a favor and plan a trip, even if it’s for one night. For reference, we will be leaving on our next trip in 43 days. Got any good trips planned?

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Love your blog.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Veronica! Happy Mom's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Found your blog on MBC -- I'm your newest follower! I 'm always looking to get out of dodge too! My next trip is to California in July. I've never been to San Fran and L.A. before and I can't wait.

    Dawn
    http://www.thewayiseethings.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, thanks for the comment. CA is great and I hope you have a great time! Thanks for following me, I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip Tvstake! Funny how you can even book a room in our own town at a cool hotel with pool... and feel like you are getting away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!