Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting Out of Our Own Way

Some of us have met obstacles along the path of life. Unfortunately many of us live with one stubborn obstacle each day, ourselves. Whether we are too hard on ourselves or can’t see ourselves honestly, we are most typically the creators of our own personal turmoil. What causes us to get in our own way? For me, it’s my mind. I think too much about situations and make bigger deals out of nothing. My thinking or analyzing just gets all convoluted and messy. More times than not, I witness people’s past getting in their way. They keep tripping on emotional issues from childhood that were never acknowledged and worked through. Sometimes realizing that we are all imperfect is the key. When we stop blaming everyone else for our issues then we can move on, get out of our own way and let some good stuff happen. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I think many people blame others for their issues because it makes it easier for them to not have any self realization!
    I know I blamed my mother - perhaps sometimes still for certain ways that I am at times.. There does come a point in everyones life when they have to take responsibility for their own actions regardless what has happened... I had to realize my mother is my mother and she is not going to change into the mom I wished I always had... Life is much better! I enjoy your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, love this post.

    Thanks for visiting my site. I am following you back, and look forward to reading some more of your great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gave you an award! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are TOTALLY right! I do quite a bit of counseling with women, and so many problems they have today are rooted in stuff they never dealt with. I like your perspective :) Thanks for the follow, just followed ya from MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the "rock star" compliment! Enjoy the award! About your post, I think that people definately hold on to things from their childhood and past that they have not been able to let go. It does get in the way of moving forward. That is the first step to moving on.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't agree with you more about this! Found you through MyCup2Yours. Great insight into the heart of why we as a people stumble around when we can be celebrating imperfect, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep yep, it's like I am in front of myself looking over one shoulder, then the other trying to find a way around me:-) Letting go of old stuff and forgiving can be difficult when we take the defensive, which I have done for years. I have a better understanding of me and empathy for others now. Forgiveness and letting go is so much easier now that I have stepped aside:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!