Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Glass of Fun, Anyone?

Interested in another option instead of your traditional wine or champagne? On a trip to La Jolla, CA, we discovered a light sparking wine called Brachetto d’Acqui. Very often this is a light dessert aperitif but I like it in place of champagne. This is a nice alternative to your traditional sparkling wine and in my opinion the perfect summer beverage. Another asset of this wine is that it has less alcohol than its friends, typically 5.5%. It’s not too sweet or too dry which equates to pure goodness. You can find a good Brachetto d'Acqui for $15.00. If you are still not convinced, it is believed that Cleopatra used this wine to seduce Julius Caesar. So hey, if it’s good enough for Cleopatra and Julius, than it’s good enough for me! Got any good summer beverages to share?

6 comments:

  1. I have to say that not many people know Rusted Root, but they have always been one of my favorites. I am smilng listening to your music choice. I have to get this CD out again. Thanks for the reminder! See you around the Hen House.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went through your song choices. Right on!! I have to break out my David Gray CD also. I really love the Over the Rainbow, which I believe I have hidden on the soundtrack to Meet Joe Black, right? Great music!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Hen, Thanks so much for your comment and dropping by. What can I say, you've got great taste in music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might have to try that in a Mimosa. Maybe change the drink name to Juliosa, Mimopatra, or Juliopatra.:-) Okay, it sounds like i've been drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, those are great names! You get an A+ for creativity. Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Thanks for following me! I'm glad you did because I was directed to YOUR blog, which I find so refreshing! It's a "real" blog and I like the music. :) I also LOVE that you LOVE Airplane! I regularly quote it. I am lot like June Cleaver on the plane. Hahahaha!!! I am going to follow you now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!