Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

This day is typically an appreciation of all the great things Mom’s do for their children. At the same time it can also be a painful reminder of that motherly connection that has been broken. To that end, Happy Mother’s Day to all those Mother’s who have lost children. I have watched my own Mother loose a son and the pain and anguish seems inconceivable now that I have my own child. As I think about all those Mother’s who have lost a child, thank you for showing others the courage to go on. Lastly, thank you to my husband and daughter for giving me the greatest gift, motherhood. I’m grateful to be a Mom!

4 comments:

  1. I lost a pregnancy and that was bad enough...I can't imagine losing a child once you've held them in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I am so sorry for your loss, any loss of a child must be difficult. Your strength shows other Mom's how to live through the pain. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have witnessed the strength of a mother, from the loss of her son, to the strength to let their children grow into their own beings, and to allow their children to make mistakes but always stand beside them.
    Mom's rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said! Thanks for your comment Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!