Friday, May 21, 2010

A Husbands Response

Today I asked my dear sweet husband if he noticed any changes in me since I became a SAHM. Now I’ll preface his answer by saying I ask him ‘out of the blue, uber serious questions’ all the time and he looks at me like, ‘Come On’. So back to his response, he says, “Well you don’t worry about work anymore, so you are less worried”. I laughed! Of course that is not the answer I hoped for, it was a very safe answer. I wanted him to say well, darling, amazing, talented, wife you seem blissfully happy on the inside and out (or something cheesy like that). The purpose of this post is to poke fun at my continual need to evaluate any situation I’m in. Equally as funny are my husband’s non-serious responses to my serious questions. My evaluations are less about being insecure than my attempt to seek to understand the situation beyond me and my perception. When you take yourself too seriously, you definitely don’t need a partner that feeds that need. So me being me, it’s time for a question….Are you a constant evaluator of life? If so, do you find it constructive or destructive?

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am following you from MBC. Pls. follow me when you get a chance.
    Thanks,
    Sumana
    http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back for more super tunes! I think we all do a little questioning from time to time hoping to get a response that might lift us a bit. You know what a super duper amazing talented person you are! It is just great to hear it from our loved ones. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm on a return visit! I am not a Google Connect Friend as well! Ps. Hey Soul Sister is NOW stuck in my head, thank you for that! :)

    I am an absolute elevater and it's usually more destructive than constructive. I am always second guessing myself, and I have it in my head that I am never good enough and can always be better. Thats a career in Sales for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you back from FMBT!
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
    http://www.thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl!

    If I evaluated myself or things anymore I would self destruct.

    I'm trying to ease up (-:

    Thanks for swinging by today.

    Following you back for the ride -those pictures over there on the right are gorgeous btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We lose perspective from time to time and those we trust are trusted for a reason. We trust they will be open and honest, but hopefully a bit delicate. We have to open to hear it with an openness that is not expecting any particular outcome,that's tough. Good stuff TV takes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!