Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kidding Around At The Playground

Yesterday I met a friend and her kiddos at a neighborhood playground. It was a beautiful park and the kids had a great time. Times have changed and there was some interesting looking equipment I wanted to try out. Being a kid from the 70’s, if the park had a slide and swings we were all set for hours of fun. Anyway, I decided to try these ‘twirly-make you dizzy’ contraptions for myself. All I can say is, “I had so much fun!” Aside from hanging on for dear life, I laughed the entire time. The best part was the expression on the kid’s faces when I got off. They were sort of, “did you just see that grown up on our playground equipment, having fun”? After I was done with my little fun on the twirlys, I wondered why we don’t play like that anymore. I guess in our teens it’s not cool so we never go back. No wonder most of us dislike aging; it’s just a reminder of what we gave up, fun. Got any tips to share that foster your kid-like spirit?

5 comments:

  1. Bubbles! I love them!! How about a good old fashioned pile up of Autumn leaves and jumping in!! Staying in pj's in the morning and wathcing cartoons! Simply sliding down a slide at the park! Have a great holiday!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares if they stare? Keep on laughing!

    Thanks for the follow! I'm following you back! http://gumdropswap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. MamaHen & GumDropswap - thanks for your comments. Have a safe and fun Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love playing with my little guy at the playground! It's so much fun!

    thanks for commenting on my blog - I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my kids over to the park the other day. As soon as the place cleared out I went right over to the "spinny thing" to try and show my kids how you really spin..lol.. I had a blast trying out everything with them.
    Hope you had a great holiday weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!