Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sweets For My Sweets

I’ve become a mom who makes treats for her family. There I said it. There are two reasons why this new activity is strange to me. One: baking seems too domestic. If I’m not careful I’ll be putting on a nice dress and apron much like June Clever. Two: having all this ‘treat – comfort food’ equals extra lbs, boooo! Of course there really isn’t anything wrong with making your family sweet things they enjoy and it’s just proof I do enjoy my role as a SAHM. So instead of denying that I’ve turned into TV the Homemaker, I’ll share an old simple ‘treat’ recipe my Mom used to make for me and my siblings.

Carmel Bars
1 c brown sugar
1 c butter
Boil for 1 minute
Pour butter/sugar mixture over arranged graham crackers (3/4 of pack) on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 5 minutes or until the center starts to bubble. Let pan cool (place in refrigerator to expedite).
Slowly melt large chocolate Hersey bar. Once melted, pour over graham cracker mixture. Cool again, cut and serve.

Got any good childhood recipes to share?

9 comments:

  1. yum!

    Following you from Following Me Back Tuesday- please follow me back :)and be sure to enter my giveaway while you're there.

    http://helpingunitefatherandson.blogspot.com/

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Follow Me Back Tuesday! I am now following and if you get a chance, please follow me back at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://businesseshome.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to bake and make things with the family. Little Chick and I bake all the time. Yes, there are extra pounds involved, but the homey smell and the ymmy outcome is well worth it. I am sure these are comforting things our children will remember when they get older.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your really nice comment! I really appreciate it!!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following me. I'm following you now. Cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and following..I am following you back :) I've enjoyed reading through some of your posts and am looking forward to reading more. Have a great week!

    http://julia-livelovelaugh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower from FMBT. Please drop by my blog and return the favor.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    Have a great week,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That recipe is yummy!!! I'm going to try it soon! Thanks!

    Followed you back! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!