Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's With The Lack of ?s

One of my 4 blogging principles is questioning, which is really about questioning our way of thinking and living. Beyond my philosophical need to question things, I like to question people about their lives and why they think the way they do. In general, I think people are fascinating and even more so when you uncover how they really think. The older I get, the more I find there is a lack of interest among people during conversation. So many times I hear people talking about themselves and not inquiring about others in the conversation. Why is that? Have we become so self-centered that we only like to talk about ourselves or am I the only one that feels this way? What do you think, honestly?

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when people ramble on about themselves and show no interest in what's going on with the other party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, thank you for your comment! So glad I'm not the only one. BTW I'm now following your very well done blog. Many thanks again for your comment and visit. Happy Mom's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!