Friday, June 4, 2010

Finding Balance

Yesterday I had lunch with a good friend. We talked about our families and finding balance in our lives. She is busy with her successful business, family and recovery. I’m busy being a new Mom, adjusting to SAHM life and taking time to write/blog. She asked how long I want to be a SAHM? That was a good question and one I didn’t know the answer to. Right now, I feel like my life is balanced (note: this took decades and could be fleeting feeling). I know a lot of Mom’s who are working to create balance. They may work a ton and don’t have a lot of time with their family while other Mom’s are with their kiddos so much they feel lost. Finding balance in our lives makes us, and everyone around us, happier. So if we know this, then why do we have such a hard time getting there? Why do we let so many external pressures affect our ability to find balance and peace? Shouldn’t life be simpler?

3 comments:

  1. You ask some great questions about balance. I've worked on this for years and thought I found a good sense of balance; then new things came into my life to stretch me. Yes, external pressures are many, that's for sure! I used to think technology got in the way of a simpler life. I thought life was simpler back in the days when neighbors visited with each other on the front porch and sipped lemonade. Now with technology, here we are, visiting with each other on our blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish life could be simpler at times. As moms we want the best for our children so we go out of our way to create the best lives for them. But we could actually just walk outside and go for a simple nature walk and they would be just as excited as going to the park, the zoo, and to all the neat play things out there these days. Balance is what we all strive for. It can be tough at times though, especially because it is a time of financial stresses also. I hope you have a great weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life should be simpler!
    Following you via MBC.
    Come by Everything Mom and Baby ;)
    http://everythingmomandbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!