Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Hope We Aren’t Going To Be That Family

We are preparing to travel to the Midwest to see family and friends. Now we haven’t flown with a toddler before so I’m anticipating the flight will be filled with meltdowns, from both me and my little babe. More so, my family is going to be the one all the business professionals and dating couples do not want to sit next to. I mean we are going to be ‘that’ family they all dread. Of course we will have books, activities, movies and snacks galore to lessen the chance of meltdowns at 10,000 feet. I’ve already started several retorts in my head for fellow rude passengers, but that will only cause the Air Marshalls to cuff me so that may not be a good idea. Regardless the clock is ticking and soon we won’t be virgin airline parent passengers anymore. Let’s hope for everyone’s sake that our little one is the good girl she normally is and that the sky is friendly to everyone. Got any good traveling stories to share?

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a really great time! Don't worry about anything but having fun! Just make sure to have enough snacks and fun things to do! Have a very safe trip! Check with the doctor about ears. I know with babies it is always good to give a bottle when you are taking off and coming in for a landing so that their little ears don't hurt. I am not sure with toddlers.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time, Tesha! Your concerns are normal...and here's to KLV being the good girl she normally is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. I won't share my traveling story with my 4-month old from 2 years ago as that is most likely now what you would like to hear... :-0 (I was that mom who you don't want to be.) Just remember,that whatever happens, you will (most likely) never ever see these people again with whom you share the plane ride, so don't worry too much about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips and encouragement ladies. I just read on MSN that 7/10 travelers believe families should have their own sections on planes. This is actually a good idea, at least we'd be in our own company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your trip! We traveled across the Pacific with a 9 month old; saw other babies who were doing wonderfully the entire trip!

    following back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! We haven't done this yet and suspect we won't until next summer (when our little one will be a bit over a year and a half - can't even picture that yet).

    Here's hoping it goes well and you aren't "that family."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!