Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Got Word?

Right now I’m reading Eat Pray Love. It’s an interesting book and worth a read. In one section of the book a few of the characters discuss how cities and the people that live in them can be defined in one word. Ex: New York = Achieve LA = Succeed etc. The characters then discuss how we humans should be able to define ourselves by one word. Okay, so my word is _____(thinking, thinking, nothing)_____? I don’t have a word, at least not yet. I wonder if my word should be analytical or inquisitive? We’ll sometimes I am those words and other times I’m not, or don’t want to be. Whenever I think of a word, it only defines my state of mind rather than my whole self. I also think it’s hard to summarize a person by just a few letters. Aren’t we so much more complex than that?
So there is my crux as of the past two months, why do we need to be so complicated?
Got a word to define you?

12 comments:

  1. I am really wanting to read this book! I am going to have to go pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds pretty neat! I think it is asking a lot to have us define ourselves in one word, because there is so much that makes us who we are. But when I read this the firt thing that came to my mind defining me was loving. It was what I first thought of. But then I got thinking some more and could add so many mor words to this. Another great post getting us to think TV! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to cheat and use two words - God's child

    That's it. He defines who I am and where I am going.

    I love your blog. Interesting posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book! I read it last summer and then when I was traveling a bunch for work I borrowed the book on CD. Such a great book and I was so happy when I saw the movie was coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could come up with just one word. It would probably be different every day depending on how I feel and whats going on.

    I've heard it's a great book and the movie actually looks pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are making me want to read this book :) I think that one word could define me on certain days, then other days I might be definted differently. I know if it could be three words, I'd want to describe myself as "full-of-life", but some days I don't feel quite so positive...is that awful?! Ahhh, I gotta read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word...wow that is a tough one. I don't think I can come up with one.

    I asked my hubby and he says "driven".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure if my 1st comment went thru...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, here goes. One word is tough for us humans, there seems to be an over-arching quality those cities are driven to strive for and have achieved. Almost like a vision for their city. I'll ask my hubby and see what he says is one word for me...Great post, TV!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey TV, just stopped by to say hi! My word to describe me today would be "fun" and pooped out! Ha! Maybe we should give a word a day! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go an award TV! Come and get it! :) Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Left you an award...http://bit.ly/dploK9

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!