Friday, July 23, 2010

A Letter To My Ego

Dearest Ego:

I have lived with you my whole life so it's only right that I let you know you are too selfish for me. You need to shape up.
I’m trying to pursue a dream of mine and you keep getting in my way. What’s up with that?
Your worried I’ll fail, but that’s life dumb dumb.
If I don’t try then what is the point of thinking, dreaming, working?
You must silence yourself so I can make things happen.
All this self doubt is not healthy for me or really anyone for that matter.
For the record, you are only a thought in my mind, not who I am.
So either quiet down or take a hike.
Kindest Regards,
TV

**PS Dear Bloggy Friends, is your ego getting in your way?**

6 comments:

  1. TV - thank you so much for sharing your letter with us. It takes courage to do that! My ego has gotten in my way too many times to count, so I understand this "fight" to kick it! You're in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I just wrote a really long and nice comment and the bloggy land deleted it without my allowing it! Ugh! I just said that it is good that you are aware of your ego and good for you for telling it to take a hike! We all have our "things" that keep us from being our better selves, but it is being aware of these things that allow us to grow and become better people! We are all on this journey together! Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great letter to your ego, I am going to send it to my own ego too! It is such a shame that we can be our own worst enemy sometimes, I know I have been too many times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey TV, thanks for your nice comment today! I hope you are having a great weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle more with my feelings getting in the way of things, then my ego. So, I should send a similar letter to my feelings and tell them to toughen up, so that I'm not feeling "hurt" all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. firstly, nice to meet you! i'm glad you found my blog. secondly I FEEL YOU ON THIS, 100%. I'm an actor, so that strange combo of craving attention and crushing self-doubt, I get it.

    Thanks for the honesty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!