Monday, May 30, 2011

Suprises

Do you like surprises?  I like good surprises but if I get suspicious of a surprise for me then it’s a painful process. 

I wonder why more of us don’t pleasantly surprise each other.  Perhaps most people don’t like surprises or too many of us have heart problems so the surprise would land us in the ER. 

Surprises don’t necessarily mean elaborate parties or expensive jewelry.  Little surprises like a nice snail mail card or home baked sweet treat seem just as thoughtful.

So why is it that we don’t surprise each other more often?

Note: I am surprising my husband this week – but I cannot tell you - for it wouldn’t be a surprise (even though he doesn’t read my blog)!!!  

Also for all my bloggy friends - the blogger fixes have not worked for me so I haven't been able to leave comments on your blogs.  I am still reading them all though. 

10 comments:

  1. Well, I for one love surprises, and can't wait to hear yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little surprises are the best...when you least expect it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the small surprises are best...good luck doing it for your hubby, hope he's pleasantly surprised and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love surprises!!! What I love even more is when I figure them out before hand then keep them a secret. I feel like I'm returning the surprise a little. Kinda silly, I know, but I felt that way as a kid and have never let it go. Keep us posted on your surprise to your husband!!!! Good luck! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love surprises, and sadly, I don't find I have enough time to do them for my friends and family often enough. Letting people know they are thought about is special to say the least...they're one of life's best moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love me a good surprise, and I love surprising people even more! I'm going home in 10 days to surprise my mom...I live for seeing her swell with glee when my shining face is at the door :) I hope you share your surprise with us later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the same problem with commenting a few days ago. It took about two days. I was, however, able to use name/URL and put in the information. I love surprises! I also love giving little and big surprises. It is so funny how you and I always have the same type of post in mind at the same time. I am surprising my daughter with something she has wanted for two years today-a piano. I will post that for Thanksgiving Thursday. I hope you are well my friend! have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little things... something that shows just a little extra thought, little surprises like that are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy small surprises and an occasional big surprise. Can't wait to hear about your surprise! My husband doesn't read my blog either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!