Thursday, June 9, 2011

Do you Get What you Give?

Not all is fair in love in war but for the most part what we give is what we get.

Blogging is a prime example.  When you work hard at building your blog it pays off, eventually.  When you don’t put the time and effort into it you either remain stagnant or lose followers. 

Other examples: fitness, cooking, relationships, professions, education and the list goes on and on. 

Whenever I’m caught up in a ‘It’s not working or it’s not fair” situation I ask myself – Am I giving what I deserve in return?  Answer: probably not.

I know if I work hard enough at something I'll get it eventually.  If I don't work as hard as I'm capable then I shouldn't complain.  For me this motto includes writing, health and relationships. 

How about you, are you giving what you want in return?

11 comments:

  1. oh my goodness,I always use this philosophy when helping people lose weight or get healthy. You get what you give :)

    GREAT POST and SOOOO true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! I think you can almost relate to this in every aspect of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true... right now for me... it's fitness. I have always been into fitness, but the last couple months I have not been doing what I should. And I complain like I deserve to be ripped or something! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! And I try very hard, but sometimes I give more than I get, so I learn to back off a bit if the payout isn't working. (I'm a giver by nature)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true! I honestly struggle with this on a daily basis. Practice makes perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right my friend! If we work hard at something it pays off. When we slack off then we do not see the same results. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! If we work hard at something we'll get it eventually. Right now I'm not giving as much as I would like and you are right, I shouldn't complain. We all need moments to figure things out. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a bit of bloggers guilt lately, as I've gotten behind on commenting on other blogs. The important thing is that I'm catching up now. You can't do everything all the time. It's a process. In addition, I've fallen behind on my fitness routine which ample reasons. Instead of feeling sorry for myself (for too long anyway) I took a realistic look at the fact that I'm not getting my body back without getting back to class and skipping the little debbie aisle!! As always, enlightening post!! By the way, I love your little ballerina. I hope my little girl develops a love for dance, as I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes and sometimes not. With everything I get zealous, then bored, then zealous...then bored. (it's a theme these days, actually I just posted about it!) I agree with you though, what you give is what you get. It's understanding this through little temper tantrums of unfairness that is hard. Maybe you can remind me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good wisdom. Too easy to be inconsistent in our efforts, but still wanting good returns. Rarely (if ever) works.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!