Saturday, September 10, 2011

Recharging Your Emotional Batteries

Elevating our energy levels seems relatively easy, but our emotional health gets a little trickier. 

Things like working out, eating right and getting enough sleep help but sometimes we need an emotional connection to get out of the emotional swamp. 

Here are some things that help me recharge my emotional batteries:

1)      Host Happy Friends.  Cook a dinner or cocktail party for good/happy friends.

2)      Catch a movie or read a meaningful book.

3)      Tackle goals.  When I’m unhappy I try to change what I’m unhappy about.

4)      Compliment.  Usually the more compliments you give the more often you’ll receive them.

How do you recharge your emotional batteries? 

12 comments:

  1. Excellent advice - and just what I needed to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good talk with a friend and some wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise is a great way to recharge ones emotional batteries and good music. Have a great night my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I actually went out on a girls night last night for the first time in a few months and it was a blast and totally recharged my tank;0. I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep, spending time alone, being productive, working out, or just making a list of all the little and big things I'm grateful for. The number one thing for me is enough sleep. Without it, I'm one crabby patty... Came up with another blog post idea last night, if you haven't already done it! Email me later :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such great tips. I agree with all of them. Maybe I should actually DO some of them more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually get a recharge from commenting on my friends' blogs, by talking to one of my super-positive friends, or by taking a long walk...You are so right...our emotional health is sometimes harder to care for than the physical...and yet, they're both connected. If one is out of wack, the other is affected...Thanks for the recharge. I feel better already after writing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! All 4 sound great and I esp. love #1 b/c I'm gonna need to host happy friends more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you no. 1 and that you differentiated happy/good friends from friends that are needy and suck the energy out of you :) I good dinner out and alone time with the Hubs helps me recharge. I also find that a bubble bath works wonders too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing helps me recharge more than a meaningful conversation with my husband, preferably while snuggled up together. Otherwise I'll settle for a quick treadmill run :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!