Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blogging Slumps & Happiness

Thanks to everyone who participated in the blogging sustainability post. 

It’s comforting to know most of us have had blogging slumps. 

The truth is, I write for me and I also write for you.  This blog helps me improve my writing ability and your comments motivate me to keep doing it. 

My assumption is that when we all started our blogs; it was probably a challenge but it also made us incredibly happy once we started getting followers and reading comments. It was the journey to get here that made us happy.  Now that some of our blogs have been chugging along for a while it’s probably only natural to ask, now what? 

And so I’ll leave you with a quote from the Happiness Project that sums it all up for me, “If you do new things – visit a museum, learn a new game, travel to a new place, meet new people – you’re more apt to feel happy than people who stick to more familiar activities.” 

Thanks for traveling to TV’s Take – your journey has been worth it to me.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you sound to be feeling better about it all. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely. New inspiration, new scenery it all helps to reinvigorate the soul! Couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly!

    Hope you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better! Your posts really are inspirational, and I love coming to read and comment here, just so you know :) Hope you had a good weekend, and keep on bloggin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy visiting and you always make me think :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, TV...and love that your blog is my "food for thought" every week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And thanks for continuing to write, sharing with us your take on things! You know I LOVE your blog and find such pleasure reading you...seriously, sometimes it feels like having coffee with you or riding in the car, with music on (and yes, our taste in music is VERY eerily similar!), overanalyzing every single thing, hahaha! Exhausting?...maybe....but definitely worth the ride!! :-)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!