Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Social Planner - UGH

I’m the social planner in my family.  A role I enjoy 89% of the time.  The other 11% of the time I really really really want my husband to take the reins but it doesn’t happen.  His reason: I guess I’ve shot down too many of his ideas ,in the past so he’s given up.  

This type of social planning scenario must play out in most homes; girl doesn’t like his ideas, boy gives up, girl gets mad that he no longer offers ideas. 

My solution, I’m trying to be more spontaneous and suggest things outside of the box as well as be more open to his ideas. 

Does this type of scenario play out in your family?

6 comments:

  1. Oh Yes!! One of our biggest arguements alway centers around what to do. We have vastly different ideas, and I agree with the idea of trying to think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband tends to be the social planner. If it were up to him, he would be part of big group fun things every weekend! I get tired and like my alone time. Thank goodness he is open to taking our boy with him to some things like hockey games and such. Sometimes, I just stay home and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I like to get my husband's opinion b/c he has good ideas. But sometimes he just wants me to decide without his input so he doesn't have to bother with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I feel ya. Seems like I do the same in our family too. Most of the time I enjoy it, but like you, I'd like to pass it off to others for a change. But I must admit...when I'm planning, we usually do some pretty cool stuff!!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great music! :) I am the one to do the plans. I like it, but there are times we all would like someone else to take over. I hope you are well! Have a great weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've with you TV...always organizing the social calander, always telling him what we are doing this weekend. I should let him take care of it for awhile, I'm sure we would have a lot more down time if he was in charge of the weekend schedule!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!