Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Best Day?

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mr. Emerson's above statement is a good reminder.  Reminders are nice but not always do-able. 

It's easier to say 'making each day the best day' is not practical and truthfully it's probably not.  However putting forth the effort is what separates who we want to be vs who we don't; good vs evil. 

I simply need to do a better job of making each day the best day.  It's the best gift I can give to my daughter and anyone I encounter for that matter.

On that note, I'm off to read to KLV and hopefully elevate the day.

How are you making today the best day?

8 comments:

  1. I love that quote! It can be hard to make every day the best day, because so much negative stuff can come up all the time. It is a great goal to try to keep positive and I think having this in mind can help lead us all in that direction.

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote too. I try to give my best to each day, but as you know, some days are just better than others. I guess all we can do is give it our all...I beleive that's what God expects of us...nothing more and nothing less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote! I want to have that hung up in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote. I don't always make today the best day of the year, probably b/c I think, "There's always tomorrow." but that is not always true! Good post.

    Did you get the email about winning the two-book drawing?

    Warren

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good one! We need to use it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I don't think there can ever be a "best" day. I think every day could have been improved by being nicer, more considerate, more caring, more concerned, more patient... We are all works in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, having a routine that helps me recognize today is a great day is very helpful. While I can act impulsively I really am all about routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! Hmm, the BEST day? Not sure but I know that I try to cherish every moment possible, with each day that passes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!