Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Seriously Not Serious

When things get too serious for too long I have this habit – I joke about the situation.  I realize this may not always bode well with various acquaintances but it’s a risk I’m willing to take.

Don’t get me wrong, I can be serious when the situation calls for it but to me (and most of my family) there is nothing better than a good laugh after a hard cry.  A good laugh can break the tension and it can help change the subject when there is nothing left to be said. 

Call it a coping mechanism from waaaay back; it’s a mode of survival for me today. 

Is it just me or have we lost our goofiness?  Why do so many feel the need to be sooo serious?

4 comments:

  1. I think that I sometimes can be too serious about things. It can work me into a much too serious person. So I try to lighten up a bit about things that really do not matter in the grand scheme of things. Happy Valentine's Day my friend! have fun with KLV!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...it's better to go through life with a sense of humor than being so serious all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter makes everything better. Studies have shown it has amazing healing power :) And I agree that after a good cry, a good laugh makes life so much more breathable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think so. I like to make things funny, even when they aren't so funny...helps me cope. Laughter is THE best medicine...as they always say!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!