Friday, March 16, 2012

One Bad Cycle

My family is in one of those cycles - you know the one, ‘Hurry Up and Wait’ aka ‘everything is an emergency’.  I’m a firm believer that for the most part, proper planning can reduce this kind of mode but right now I’ve lost all control. 

We are selling a house and getting work done on our new house among other things.  These things should be easier than they are but everything tends to turn into a challenge. 

Don’t worry I’m not looking for sympathy but it is funny how life works in cycles.  My cycles tend to include: all is calm, sickness, boring ole routine, busy-busy.

This ‘emergency’ cycle (combined with sickness) serves as a reminder that things could always be worse. Either that or now that the Ides of March have passed perhaps we'll welcome a new cycle?

What kind of cycle are you in?

9 comments:

  1. I'm in a crazy cycle, too! We are trying to get our house ready to sell and then find a house to buy. Insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm def. in a "crazy" cycle these days. Just can't seem to catch up (especially with the emotional side of things). I blame it on improper planning, as well. I'm looking for better ways to plan out my life on a day to day basis. I just can't seem to pin it down. It's a work in progress. Trying to see the lessons in life while anticipating positive change. We'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. I'm running on "emergency" mode too (and I'm not even moving into a new house). Hence, my lack of blogging lately. Work has made things a bit stressful, and I find myself having to play "catch-up" for the days that I lack energy and seem to accomplish nothing. Yes, hopefully we all can get back to a state of "peace."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the cycles.. yes - the "rush rush" emergency cycle can take a toll on you. HA Ha - I think I will keep my current cycle quiet (though, I think you know! ;-) ) However - I am happy to announce, I am on an upswing! Good luck on the moving/selling/new house. I can ONLY imagine and I am looking forward to those types of stressors soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New reader and I haven't commented yet, but I had to on this post.
    We are in the exact same cycle. I feel like everything is at a stand-still until this house is sold and we are in our next one. Hurry up and wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! I think that's life moving through cycles huh?

    hope things move to the slower paced cycle soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more...life is always running in cycles. Right now I'm enjoying my time with Nolan as an only child and trying to figure out how I'm going to handle two :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in a pretty good cycle right now. Staying pretty healthy, doing this and that. Now, when we start getting ready for some of our upcoming trips, then I may be freaking out! I can go from zero to freak out in seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely the sickness one which drives me completely insane. I think I could take the other cycles more, just not this, not when the little one gets sick. That always translates to days when I can't exhale :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!