Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Change Of Scenery

Some of our best friends invited us for a quick weekend getaway which included tubing/sledding. Now that I live in the California desert, snow and snow sports eludes me – and that’s fine by me.  However in traditional California fashion if you just drive 1.5 hours in either direction your greeted with a totally new landscape and in this case it’s snow.  We went and it was just what we needed.  Contrary to my last post I didn’t need a bubble to protect me from stress but I did have an inner tube protecting my tush. 

My girl had the time of her life and my guy forgot about work for a while.















And I just needed to fly down that hill on some simple inner tube with my girl.

















It is amazing what a simple change of scenery will do for your mind.

What’s your favorite change of scenery?

*If you’re visiting from Making Memories with the Mcclellen's ,  Take It From Me Welcome Wednesday and Happy Hour Projects welcome!  Be sure to follow and leave a comment back and I’ll definitely return the favor…

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your out of your funk! Looks like fun and just what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love a beach right now with this warm weather. Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously counting down until my daughter is old enough for this. We are in Michigan, where winter sports abound. ;)

    Returning the follow from Happy Hour Projects, thanks so much!

    Adrianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had alot of FUN!! Thanks so much for coming over to my blog and leaving such a wonderful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you guys had so much fun! What great action shots! For me, a fun change of scenery is going fishing on a lake, going to the beach, or if I can fantasize a little...going to Spain. (I studied abroad there twice and absolutely love the culture.) I can't always get a change of scenery, but when we do go somewhere either fun or relaxing, I certainly savor the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness those pictures are so fun and fantastic! This looks like a really fun day! A change of scenery is always refreshing! Have a good night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you pictures - what kind of camera do you use?
    My favorite change of scenary is always the beach.

    New follower from WW
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun!!! Sometimes a change of scenery is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snow is always fun until you have to shovel it. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture of you and KLV just put the biggest smile on my face. Sometimes seeing other people that happy is like an instant mood lifter (not that I'm in a bad mood, but you get my point). Hope you're having a great day and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter! Have a great weekend T.V! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can definitely see the joy in KLV's face! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lotta fun! I'm glad you got a nice change of scenery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!