Friday, May 11, 2012

Selecting the Right Shopping Cart

I have a confession…I have a hard time selecting the right shopping cart. 

Aside from the fact that I don’t want a cart that shimmies to the right or left, I’ve become somewhat of a cart germaphobe.  Ugh!  Let’s blame it on the swine flu that appeared almost 3 years ago. 

As the carts sit there waiting to be selected I wonder who’s had it before me and were they sick?  Perhaps equally concerning, did they put their dog in there (ahhh California)?

KLV has joined my mission to wipe it down with eau de germaphobe wipes.  But the fear lingers throughout the shopping excursion as she puts her fingers in various dark and grungy areas of the cart.  She’s is now too old to put those fabric protects around the seat so we simply risk our lives every time we touch the dreaded cart. 

Ever happen to you?


9 comments:

  1. Every time I sneeze - I assume it was something I picked up from a shopping cart. Or what about the little belt our food rides on to the scanner? Or who has "fingered" the bags.. or.. OH.. you hit a hot spot with me, I am SUPER germ-a-phobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to think about it because if I do it will freak me out! I NEVER use those cute car carts for kids though... there just way too filthy for me! Thankfully, Abby's not really interested in them either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way...it's just so disgusting. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was such a germaphobe when Little Lewie was a baby, but now, since he's in preschool, I don't worry as much...probably because I've seen kids pick their noses and practically wipe their little fingers on my son. If something like the "Swine Flu" or the "Bird Flu" ever made a comeback, this of course, would be an entirely different story... I do, however, test out my shopping cart to make sure it moves correctly :) Have a happy Mother's Day TV! Enjoy your very special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to take the cart that is back farther. I wipe it down and when my daughter was younger I had the baby cart blanket. My daughter having been so sick last year did not help with the fear of germs and wanting to make sure everything is wiped down. I worry about the people who are nilly willy about poultry dripping in the cart and then I place my bag of fruit on it. Have a Happy Mother's Day my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. And they always seem to find the area that didn't get wiped down...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great Mother's Day my friend! Have a good night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha! I wipe those carts down like CRAZY!! super germophob here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely!...happens to me every single trip to the store. I use the wipes and wipe as much as I can and then the denial starts. It has to. I have to pretend wiping takes care of things. Otherwise I'd be stuck at home with no food :-( One thing though...I do my grocery shopping when Noah's in school so that I don't have to worry about him. If only we can keep our babies in bubbles huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!