Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Age Awards Us Perspective

As my life perspective continues to form it’s amazing to look back on what I’ve learned.   Here are 5 main wisdoms I’ve found between my youth and today.

  1. It’s okay ‘not’ to know the answer
  2. Knowing everything about people isn't always a good idea
  3. Political debates among friends and family aren’t worth it
  4. Just don’t get involved
  5. Healthy relationships with family and close friends are all that counts
There are countless others but over the past few years these just keep coming back.  The more I live by them, the more it makes life easier and more enjoyable. 

What are your top 5?

6 comments:

  1. Good Question! Your 5 wisdoms look serviceable to me, with room for expansion in a broadening world. I would only add, from personal progress, basic politeness and courtesy have sustained me when wisdom failed. Also, despite some pride in speaking my mind, I am increasingly proud of knowing when not to. Age is funny that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a tough one, and I love yours. I guess here are some of mine:

    1. Everything happens for a reason.
    2. Time heals everything.
    3. Love yourself.
    4. Life is short.

    I can't think of a fifth right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiiiiii!!!! Haven't visited a single blog in months but, so nice to visit yours tonight! I enjoyed reading your five. I LOVE your don't get involved. I think that is definitely one of mine too. HElps cut back on a ton of drama. I would really have to think about 5...one is to be slow to judge a person. Take the time to understand why they might behave or act the way they do before assuming. I like the everything happens for a reason. That fuels me through the tougher times. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top 5 is pretty good...don't know if I can top that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Top Five - Oh my.. how about a top 500? ;-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your top five and Amanda's top five. I would take both of yours and then add these to the list.

    1. Believe in yourself.
    2. Dance like nobody's watching.
    3. Live in the present.
    4. Live well, love much, and laugh often.
    5. Forgive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!