Saturday, September 8, 2012

Uncertainty

I am not a huge fan of uncertainty.  It comes in all shapes and sizes. More specifically it arrives in surprises (positive/negative) and scares (serious/not serious).

I am not sure what scares me most about uncertainty…whether it’s the unknown, going through worst case scenarios or dealing with the aftermath. 
 
I wonder if I over analyzed at this age?
My life seems to be filled with a great deal of uncertainty lately.  Personally and professionally. 

For an over analyzer like me, this tends to be a bit overwhelming and frankly a total bummer.  It’s times like these where I sincerely appreciate people who only see the upside – ugh why can’t I be more like them. 

There are a great many clichés that would be appropriate for this post but they do nothing for me so I won’t bore you with them either. 

The basic truths here; professionally I need to embrace the risks I’m taking and make it happen.  Personally, I need to deal with whatever comes my way with a smile and perhaps a glass of wine. 

How do you handle uncertainty? 

8 comments:

  1. "How do you handle uncertainty?" Good question, and just asking it is part of the answer. Universe is entropic, futures multiple, and we try to choose the future that best includes us. So, moment to moment, the practical side of the issue changes. I try not to guess too far ahead of my facts. Smile and glass of wine do indeed help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't handle uncertainty too well. (Did I still need to state that given that you and I are so alike?) Planning, organizing, anticipating as many variables as possible lessen my stress levels so imagine what the uncertain does to my sense of calm and sanity?! I guess it helps when I go through the scenario in my head and convince myself that even the worst case scenario isn't all that bad and that in the end, it's really nothing I can't cope with. Hang in there sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. What an adorable baby picture of an overanalyzer!! hehehehe......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have a hard time with uncertainty, but sometimes it's just letting go of those feelings. I think it's tough not letting uncertainty consume my life depending on what it has to do with. I just hope that all this uncertainty comes to an end for you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm not a fan of uncertainty. I'm trying more than anything to keep it from taking over my life. I'm always wondering about the future, but in the process, it takes me away from the present--the only thing that IS CERTAIN. I empathize with you very much TV. I worry about the same things...I could use that glass of wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also not one to like uncertainty. It can really cause stress. However, when you really think about it, uncertainty is what life is all about. Some people do have a very positive attitude and go about things with this different manner, but I have always been one that needs to be more in control of things. I want to know where I am and where I am going. You and many more deal with this and it can be overwhelming. Hang in there TV! I hope you are well my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey TV, just checking in. I hope that you are doing well. I wish I could say that I have had time to read something great, but I have been so busy lately. I hope that you are doing well my friend! have a great week!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again TV. I hope you are doing well! Have a great weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!