Friday, October 12, 2012

You Must Do The Thing You Think You Cannot Do


Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You Must Do The Thing You Think You Cannot Do." 

Wise and simple words.

I’ve been giving a lot to thought about taking risks.  Doing something without knowing what the result will be.  I used to be very risk adverse but over the past year something has shifted. 

Sometimes opportunity knocks and sometimes you have to go knocking on opportunity’s door. 

Occasionally you gotta channel your inner Eli Roosevelt and ‘…Do the Thing you Think you Cannot…’ 

So, are you going for it?

2 comments:

  1. Good question! Usually it depends on what the reason is for doing things I think I cannot do as well as not doing things I think I can do but don't. I look back on things I did to raise a family and wonder how the heck I did them. Now I just try not to pull a muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I still have a tendency to get scared of risk...especially when it comes to investing money, but I keep promising myself not to give up! Of course, we both share a similar adventure--writing books, trying to start our own business, etc. I'm learning that it can take a lot of time and patience...I have another favorite quote that I think you'll like, too..."Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal." Keep following those dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!