Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy To Be

Today, while I waited over 2.5 hrs for an oil change, something kept circling in my head.  I could either get frustrated that I’ve waited an extra 1.5 hrs for my car or I could simply be happy to be. 

I’ve been excited for 2013 for the past 6 months.  Yes, yes, I should have done a better job trying to change my attitude about 2012 but I think I needed to ramp up my readiness to change.  I’ve now looked in the internal mirror enough to know that there are times I’m just not happy with me or my output.

People, all over the world are going through unthinkable experiences.  Think Newton, military families or the elderly living out their last days.  To remember what a day could bring makes all the little stuff…little.  I’m not foolish enough to think I’ll never get frustrated or too focused on 'stuff' again, however I can certainly keep trying to be better.  Quite simply – I just want to be happy to be. 

Any big changes swirling around with you?



10 comments:

  1. I've been trying to gain some command over memories and current demands on my attention --accentuate those events, old and new, that will help with the future. Yes, as you wisely say, to be happy to be. I believe our resolutions coincide somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to live in the moment and not try to just push to the next step or milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that we were on the same wave length with this one. How crazy is that?I'm just glad I'm trying to push forward to be happy. And it definitely takes a lot of focus and work, but I think in the long run it will really be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, trying to live in the moment is always important! we all have choices to be mad, happy, sad etc...glad you chose wisely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more TV. My New Year's Resolution falls along the same lines. I just want to keep enjoying what I have TODAY. Miraculously, since I started really exercising this spirit of gratefulness, I've been enjoying my days more, and it seems like each day just gets better and better. I know that not all days will be fun, but I'm not worrying about that. For now, I'm happy sitting here, typing to a great bloggy friend, while sipping my favorite cinnamon tea. What a perfect end to a splendid day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspirational TV! I shall do my best to always remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Happy to be" - that is such good advice. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof ... and the happiness, too, if we will let it. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear friend, this is such a great post! If only we all could start thinking this way. I, too, can get frustrated with silly stuff and it is always great to be reminded that the small stuff is not worth getting worked up about. I hope all is well with you! I have been so busy, but will be around more in blogland! :) Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey everyone visiting TV's blog, make sure to order her wonderful book, Kensie Cooks!!!!!!!!!! She is a wonderful writer and the book is fantastic! Go to the link and order one today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, unfortunately I let people and situations steal my joy some times.
    I hope you're still feeling the excitement of 2013!
    And congrats on your book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!