Friday, April 12, 2013

Not So Serious

If I have a theme for the year it’s that I’m not taking myself too seriously anymore.  I used to take myself very seriously.  I mean Seriously with a capital S. Like really really Serious! 

Okay, okay joke made. Moving on. 

I’ve experienced enough of life to know that unless the situation truly calls for it I don’t want to be so serious.  Why?  It’s exhausting, a bit boring and making light of the mundane is funny. I also know there are plenty of moments when life throws you into situations where the hard reality of life requires a plethora of serious mostly sad/difficult moments. 

I don't want to live in serious town anymore.  For now, I’ll stick to a less serious self. It's seriously more fun and seriously less stressful.  (ha)

How about you? 

7 comments:

  1. Point well-taken. We live in a crucible of social toxins, from international saber-rattling to road-rage, and if we reacted as these irritants demand...well, I'd just be standing at attention all the time. A great part of the solution is communication. Real communication is often accompanied by laughter. I think you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously agree with you Tesha!! I try to laugh as much as possible at everyday moments. I sure wish my coworkers would take your advice. To them, everything is a big deal--perhaps because they don't have any young ones in the house to remind them that accidents happen and nothing really ever goes as planned. Live, love, laugh. Tragedy and sad times will find us, but we don't need to create them. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in a constant battle with myself trying not to take myself too seriously. It's hard work, but worth it in the end! I'm constantly being reminded that I need to "lighten up" and your post was just a good reminder of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also can be a bit serious at times. I think responsibility and sometimes worry takes away from my being silly about things and taking things too seriously. I have to remind myself to make light of things more often. Great post! I hope you are well my friend. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this - not to take yourself so seriously. I think I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, with some of the stresses and strains in life, and with some of the bad things that go on, it is important to have both faith and humor. Not humor to make light of the bad things, but to keep things in perspective. God ultimately has all things in his hands; that can give us room to smile and laugh at times (and probably more than we already do :)

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great theme or mission for the year, or for the rest of our lives! I agree with you and I hope to do the same! Hope all's well with you Tesha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!