Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Little of This and a Little of That

Hello!

I've been up to a little of this and a little of that but mostly a lot of prepping to release my second children's book, Kensie Cooks, The Lost Recipe.  It's been a fun challenge and I'm hopeful I can have a draft of book 3 complete prior to the girls fast approaching arrival.  Hey, a girl can dream right!?

Available for purchase on Amazon.com

I've also been thinking about what this blog has meant to me over the past nearly 4 years and where it goes from here.  This space has allowed me to ponder my life's questions.  While many questions remain, it's been therapeutic. Those of us who write do it for several reasons. I've written here to think 'it' out in as few words as possible. Reason: Aside from the fact that society has very little attention span, it helps teach me not to overcomplicate problems/issues/questions.

Last year, when my Dad died, I knew I had to learn something from that experience. I believe in growing from tragedy.  And so I did.  I learned not to take myself (or the world around me) so seriously and it settled my busy mind a bit.  Perhaps this space is reflecting the newer calm in my mind.   

I do not know the frequency of posts once the girls arrive however I do want to say thank you for all your support and sincere e-friendships.  I am grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is so refreshing to read, and it helps me focus on important-- and fun -- thoughts to process through. Thanks for your "take" on life -- and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on projects both inside and out. What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to order this TV! How are you? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! E-mail me when you get a moment and we can catch up. I am sending you an invite to my blog. I took it off public for a moment. You can see it with the invite. Hope you are well! Happy New Year!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopped in to offer a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope all is well with your family. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you TV. We can't take life too seriously because it will be gone in a flash. I'm so happy you're following your dreams and making the most of every moment. The great news is that children always keep you in the present, and you'll soon have three to remind you. Again, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!