Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Brief Stay or a Lesson on Humanity

Still Pregnant!
I had some complications from the stomach flu mid December resulting in a week long hospital stay.  Good news is the babies are okay and I'm still pregnant. 

The hospital experience left me with a few things to ponder. (I mean come on it wouldn't be me if I didn't try to learn something from an uneasy experience).  My doctors were and continue to be incredible.  The nurses were beyond kind, caring and qualified.  I am grateful. 

Each night I would be thoroughly reminded of my surroundings.  While my room sat overlooking beautiful grounds and a CA desert mountain range it also sat beneath the helicopter pad.  As the helicopter flew in and out, I thought about each life it held.  Would those critically injured make it?  How would their loved ones learn of their critical medical nature?  How can the doctors and nurses care for these people they had never met, day in and day out?

Humanity can be cruel and it can be wonderful.  During that week, I experienced the kind, caring and wonderful side to humanity. 

I'm happy to report it still exists.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you were so sick. I'm glad to see you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my best wishes to you, brave Tesha! You have a positive outlook and a strong constitution, and you look radiant. One more month? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tesha, Congratulations!! I'm sorry for not knowing sooner. I'm very, very excited for you. I'm sorry to hear that you were sick, but I'm thrilled to hear that you and the babies are doing well. I must say that you wear pregnancy well. You're glowing. Happy 2014, and very best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a profound insight Tesha, that humanity is both cruel and wonderful. It's always good to keep that in mind. What's more amazing to me is your gift to still be aware and thoughtful of those around you in spite of the distress (I can imagine) you were in. That shows you are part of the 'wonderful/kind' population in humanity, no doubt. :-)) Anyway, I am just glad you and the twins are doing well. Stay strong and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pregnant!! I have indeed missed a lot. Congrats congrats to you!! Such wonderful news..though very, sorry to hear about your sickness and hospital stay. Praying that the rest of your pregnancy is smooth and that the babies are strong and well!! Blessings friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you doing TV? I am looking forward to ordering your second book! I hope you are doing great! Love the picture! :)

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated congratulations from Cheryl and me, along with praise for your renewed health and that of your babies. Prayers for everything to continue to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all went well through February and you are ok. My continued best wishes in this busy time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!