Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Redefining


3 Little Pumpkins
It has been a while.  Life has been busy.  The babies are growing up and my oldest has lost four teeth.  The kiddos are smart, funny and have a lot to do. 

The space sits here and in the back of my mind.  It creeps up and I breathe in wondering what to write and for whom I’m writing.  This space used to be an outlet for things I ponder.  I still ponder but not as much about the world or people but rather my place in it.

This past year I got sick (nothing life threatening) which put me in a vulnerable emotional state.  I’ve been through tough life experiences before but this time was different.  In challenging times prior to this year, I would become emotionally stronger, or stop taking myself/situations so seriously.  This time, my axis got knocked around.  I laughed less and faked more smiles. 
I am better now but there are pieces of me that have been altered.  I’m finding my way. I am not trying to get back to who I was, but who I can be.  I am redefining my center. 

3 comments:

  1. So happy to see your post. I am imbecilic with joy! Your axis, it will be found: we are designed to work toward futures that best include us and our loved ones. The girls are lovely and happy. I am a grampa --many years in the future of a similarly happy family-- and I watch our little newcomers thrive in growth and discovery. The 2-year-old scolds me incomprehensibly in her own language. The 10-year-old helps me understand my computer problems. Keep any illnesses monitored --there's so much you'll need to be fit for --but you know that. I wish I could send cool autumn weather your way but it's 95 degrees here. However, autumn-magic is portable and I gladly send that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back! I have missed this! Blessings to you and your dear family with aloha...😊🌴

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rushed here as soon as I saw your comment on my site. Tesha, I have soooo missed reading you! I'm very happy you're back. And take your time. Your health and well-being are most important. A redefined center happens to all of us. We are constantly changing and it can be exciting, scary, draining, enriching, all at the same time. But growth is always good, right? Cherish every small step. And write about it cos I'm dying to read you again! xoxxooxox :-))) Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - it's appreciated!